What personal information do we collect from the people that visit ChartRoomCreative.com?
When registering on our site, requesting materials or information, or completing any forms on ChartRoomCreative.com, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, company/organization details, or other related information to help you with your experience or provide us an avenue to follow-up with information or materials you might request.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to emails, newsletters, blog, social updates; when you complete a form or enter information through forms on our site; or when you provide us with feedback on our services.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register to download content; sign up for emails, newsletters, blog, or social updates; respond to a survey or marketing communication; surf the website; or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- To improve our website in order to better serve you
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails regarding our services/blog
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save preferences for future visits
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
- We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf to help better understand our users and their preferences in order to provide more content and better experiences aligned with what matters most to them.
Please note that you have total control over cookies. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since every browser is a little different, please refer to your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. And know that if you turn cookies off, it won’t affect your user experience on our site.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties absolutely ANY of your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. Consequently, we have no control over and obviously claim no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites should you interact or use them outside of our site. When offering these third-party services or products, we make an effort to note that they are not owned exclusively by Chart Room Creative and advise to consult their privacy policies should you wish to use or engage with those products or services. Nonetheless, please know that we always seek to protect the integrity of our site and should we ever suggest or link to a third-party product or service, we enthusiastically request and welcome any feedback you might have about these sites or products.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. Please refer to the following for more information: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en.
We have, have previously, or intend to have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add-on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We obviously do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices, we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur: We will notify you via email within 7 business days. We will work in whatever capacity available to us to address the issue and prevent further breach.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out repercussions for violations.
We absolutely hate spam and consider spammers, besides being exhaustively annoying and a nuisance, to be a base, evil and vile abomination. Yes, that is how much we abhor spam and commit to never, ever spamming you.
That said, we only collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred and only with your explicit acknowledgment and agreement to being contacted in that regard.
To further be in accordance with CANSPAM, we commit and agree to:
- Never using false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Always identify a message as an advertisement in some reasonable way if it is an ad communication
- Include the main corporate site web address in our communication
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is ever used
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Last Edited on 2020-03-19